Hi everyone….. in yesterday’s LIVE in my Glitter Bug Design Studio VIP Group on Facebook I mentioned Bible journaling and how I use stamps and other media in my Creative Worship/Journaling. I wanted to share with you a quick video about how I prep my pages prior to doing any artwork.
I will be doing a video of some Bible journaling at a later date, but I wanted to start with how I prep my pages before I do anything else. Below is a time-lapsed, no sound video that quickly shows how I prep my pages. I prep both the front and back of the page that I’m working on before I start. I do this because I just never know what art medium I will be using and I don’t want it to bleed through.
Supplies used in this short video are:
- Notetaking Bible
- Art Basics Clear Gesso
- Sponge Brush
- Washi Tape
- Nonstick Craft Mat
- Craft Heat Tool
- Start by securing the nonstick craft mat to the page behind your working page. Use just a bit of washi tape to secure it in place so that it doesn’t move. This will help keep your pages from inadvertently sticking together.
- Apply Gesso to the page in a strip down the page close to the center. Or, you can just apply it to the sponge brush a little at a time.
- Spread gesso moving from center to the outside edge of the page. Do not go up and down or from outside to center as this will crinkle up your page.
- Apply 2 thin coats.
- Dry the gesso using the craft heat tool. Keep it moving so you do not scorch the paper. It will dry clear.
- Repeat on the back side of the same page.
Forgive me if this video is not of the highest quality….I’m still learning to edit them. LOL. There is a learning curve here for me. LOL
Page Prep Video.